If your A/C System is not working properly check the following simple issues before calling our service team – it may save you time and money.
- If your remote is not working, check the batteries first before calling the service team.
- On the remote or wall controller make sure the Mode is set to the appropriate setting for your desired outcome – Cooling (Snowflake) or Heating (Sun).
- On the remote or wall controller check the fan is set to the right level.
- On the remote or wall controller check your temperature is set to the right level.
- The most efficient and effective temperature level for optimum operation is 23-25 celsius in Summer and 21-23 celsius in Winter ?
Gather some information before calling such as:
- What is the Brand?
- Is the system a Ducted or Wall Mounted split system?
- If you have a ducted system do you have a fault code showing on the Controller? If you do please record the code before calling us.
- Do you know if the unit is under warranty ? Purchase date records such as receipts and proof of purchase for any Warranty claims.
- Is the problem in a specific part of the unit, ie Indoor or Outdoor unit or the remote control as far as you can tell?
- Is the unit flashing or beeping.
- Have you had any power surge issues that may have caused the system to fail recently?
- Have you checked your powerboard ?
- If your unit has had flood damage or any outside forces that have caused the fault such as rodents, physical damage or fire damage, then a manufacturers warranty does not apply.
- Be aware that there could be more than one fault on any system. Air conditioners are complex systems with motors, refrigerant gas under pressure, pipes, plumbing, electric motors, compressors, fans, filters, power boards and electric circuit boards. Any fault in one part of the system may cause secondary issues that take a two stage process to fix.